Monday, September 13, 2010
Thai Thai F-"after Q"-y Fly
Thailand is a country full of marvellously friendly people and outstanding food, but one thing it's not full of is the letter "R"
We were lost in a Thai Airport and searching for gate "R" when an airport employee comes up to assist us.
"Oh, you look fo gate 'afta Q'" he says in charming Thai style. And sure enough, Thailand's airport has no gate R, but they do have a gate "After Q" which makes me wonder how many hundreds have gone to gate L before gate "After Q" was invented.
Pronounce R as L and you've got a Thai Fly- a savory sweet chili chicken stir fry on a bed of coconut rice.
Thai F-"after Q"-y
1 cup Sushi Rice
1 can Coconut Milk
2 Chicken breasts
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Green Bell Pepper
1 Yellow Bell Pepper
3 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 cup Peanuts
Juice and zest of 1 Lime
1/4 cup Sweet Chili Sauce
1) Bring 1 can coconut milk and the rice to a boil. Then reduce to low heat and let simmer 20 minutes, until the rice is fully cooked and the coconut milk is absorbed.
2) In a large frying pan, fry thinly slices bell peppers and onions in sesame oil.
3) In another frying pan, fry thinly sliced chicken until completely cooked.
4) Combine fried vegetables, chicken, peanuts, lime juice and zest, and sweet chili sauce. Let simmer 10 minutes on low heat.
5) Serve the stir fLy on a bed of the coconut lice and enjoy!